LEND MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of LEND is to identify, inform, and influence legislation and regulations that impact students and school communities of DuPage County.
- Co-Chair, Mr. Dave Williams, Addison 4
- Co-Chair, Mr. Dan Bridges, Naperville 203
- Dr. John Corbett, Wood Dale 7
- Mr. Chris McClain, Glenbard 87
- Ms. Erica Nelson, Glen Ellyn 41
- Mr. Donald Renner, Community High School District 99
- Mr. Jay Strang, Indian Prairie School District 204
Legislative/Finance Committee analyzes and recommends legislative proposals.
Federal Relations Committee advocates at the federal level.
Membership/ Program Committee
- Monitor all legislative activities related to matters of education and particularly those that affect member districts.
- Communicate to all organization members, information about legislative activities and organization issues and actions
- Provide members of the legislature and the Governor’s office with organization oriented information, opinions, and positions on legislative proposals.
- Study, develop and seek to implement legislation beneficial to member districts or to modify legislation already drafted.
- Develop an effective working relationship with the State Board of Education and other organizations with which the group can work to accomplish mutual objectives.
- Involve member districts and members of the local community in the legislative process